Thursday 11 May 2023

Something you did last weekend

Hi Fau Bloggers,


Today I'd like you write about something you did last weekend. I actually had a real busy weekend catching up with friends and making music. However, the thing I'm going to talk about is walking up San Cristobal. I did this on Sunday afternoon at about 5pm. I went with my wife and a Chilean friend called Pedro. This is the 2nd consecutive Sunday we've done this walk. I enjoyed this activity for a number of reasons. Firstly, it's good exercise. Secondly, I enjoy being in the natural environment (although the air quality was extremely bad in Santiago over the weekend). Also, I have an interest in birds and I like to see how many different species I can spot. My wife and Pedro have known each other for years and they are both good talkers so I just drift in and out of their conversations. It gives me time to think without having anything around to distract me. There were lots of other people doing the same walk plus some runners, cyclists and skateboarders. The walk down was quicker than the ascent because we took a short cut. When we reached the bottom of the hill we went straight home because most places were closed because of the elections. Including the walk to and from home to the hill, we took about 2 hours.

ps. Not my photo:)

Write about something you did last weekend.

Say:

What it was,

Who you did it with,

What it involved,

How long you did it for,

Why you enjoyed it.

Mention anything interesting or important. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

15 comments:

  1. Did you visit the Japanese garden yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a number of time. I went to a tea ceromony there in 2011 and again another year:)

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy to go to the San cristobal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never visited the San Cristobal, but I would like to know it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The afternoon on weekends is a good time to visit. You should go. It´s great exercise.

      Delete
  4. this is epic teacher, because the saturday i will visit for the fisrt tme The San Cristobal

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this park. It's good that you are going to tour it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The San Cristobal is a beatiful place, good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom wants to go this weekend, I should go with her

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've there like twice when I was a little I think I should go again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great teacher! i have never climbed on that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live next to that hill but I never go to the top

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very beautiful the San Cristobal, but it is too much to climb it on foot, if you are not used to it.

    ReplyDelete

Test Practice: Listening

 https://www.examenglish.com/PET/PET_listening.html Do ALL notes & multiple choice sections