Thursday 20 April 2023

A Holiday as a Child

Good Morning FAU Bloggers!

I think the first time my family went on holiday I was about 9 or 10 years old. We went to a little village on the coast of the Irish Sea in North Wales called Criccieth. My family at that time consisted of 5 sisters and 2 brothers as my youngest brother, Ged, hadn’t been born yet. The cottage my parents rented was actually in the countryside about 5 miles from the coast. I remember seeing different landscapes and we did something different each day. My family loves walking and I remember us walking through fields and forests. On our walks, my father would tell us all about the different vegetation and wildlife (he knew a lot about trees, plants and birds). We also spent time on the beach. 

The great thing about the beach at Criccieth is that it has sandy parts that are great for paddling (or swimming if you are very brave - the water is freezing!) and other parts with rock pools. I remember playing in the rock pools and catching small crabs and shrimps. Criccieth also has a castle. For me as an 8-year old it was really fascinating and us visiting it was one of the highlights of the trip. I guess we stayed in Criccieth for about a week and it was in either July or August. Luckily, we had great weather and I remember having a great time. Here are the only 2 photos I have of that trip. I think this first photo is the only one of me and my brothers and sisters from that period.


Write about a holiday or special occasion you remember as a child.
Say:
Where and when it was,
Who was there,
What you did,
Why you remember this occasion.
Mention anything interesting or important. Try to write at least 200 words. Leave a comment on my blog and on the blogs of 3 classmates.

14 comments:

  1. it's very beautiful the beach and i want to know more about the wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The landscape is very beatiful, I hope to go someday. And the story is beatiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Welsh beach colder than Chilean beach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The landscape is very beautiful, the castle is still available for your visit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you can still visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the place is very beautifull, I remember a movie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful memories, and I'm glad you have such beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you go on vacation to this place again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful landscape, it must be great to be on the beach and the forest at the same time

    ReplyDelete

Test Practice: Listening

 https://www.examenglish.com/PET/PET_listening.html Do ALL notes & multiple choice sections